Fun and Frustration

Catching up on all the bento entries will come shortly.
For now, a few thoughts on other things.

I will be linking all the recipes or sourcing them for everything here from here on out, regardless of the rating.

My other thought is, I need to find a good personal recipe organization system.
There are like 50 billion recipes online, all in different websites, not to mention the ones I make up, come across scraps of paper, or the over 120 cookbooks in our house (and they don't even span all the food types I like, there's nothing there for Korean, and nothing really printed after 2000 except for a handful so little fusion or new food).

This is driving me crazy because I have no way to search all of these at once, and no good way to organize them all, nor any way other than writing in the cookbooks themselves what I thought of them or what I changed. Which only solves it for the physical cookbooks, unless I start printing everything out on recipe cards (which I may do). But that wouldn't solve the searching bit, and even then most of the websites I know of don't have the greatest searches either. Admittedly once you've been cooking 20 years, you probably know just where to find your favorite recipe for most common things. I'll update here if I come up with a system that works.

No update on all the crafting projects, it's been a busy couple weeks and all, and not much cooking gone on.

Hayley's reminder list -
Post all the bento stuff in 1 big entry.
Write up about the wheat bread recipe and the cookie recipe.
Find an organization system!

0 comments: